I was coming up empty, trading with people for information and getting nowhere until Northwest Arkansas Bloggers started having get togethers! OMG my tribe came out of the woodwork! Where have you been all my life?!
Then I spent a weekend at Word Camp in Fayetteville and now I'm at Jackie Wolven's blogging workshop. Amen. I'm on a roll.
|What we do on break from Blog Workshop in Eureka Springs|
Here are the top 10 nuggets that I can take away from her 4 hour morning session:
1. You are a brand. Define who you are, what you are about, what you value, your expertise, who you are competing with, and what your style is.
2. "Be yourself with clothes on," according to Quinn Montana in the class. Be genuine, be real, but don't be scary. Always have something positive that you received out of a bad experience. People don't love sad endings.
3. Have a blogging calendar
4. Blog 3 times a week at least, 3 times a day for optimum results
5. Use Top 10 lists
6. Always post over 300 words
7. Always put a mini bio at the end of each post, also have a call to action within the post
8. Optimum posting time is at 7:30a.m.
9. Great sites to visit for help: www.theblogbuilders.com, www.wordpress.org
10. And most importantly for me--Move to Wordpress.org! Holy cow! Who knew!
Wendy Finn is a raw food enthusiast, mom of 4 boys, owner of I.M. Spa, and local biz cheerleader. She touches people and shares health.